What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction. Overdraft coverage differs from other overdraft services we offer, such as linking your account to another account with us. Having overdraft coverage does not guarantee that we will pay your overdrafts. If we decide to pay an overdraft, you will be charged fees as described below.
See below for more information, including how to contact us if you want overdraft coverage to apply to your ATM withdrawals and debit card purchases.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices that come with your account. We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
We do not pay overdrafts (Courtesy Payment) for ATM and debit card transactions, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for ATM withdrawals and debit card purchases you make at a store online, or by telephone, unless you tell us you want overdraft coverage for these transactions. Even if you do not request overdraft coverage for ATM withdrawals and debit card purchases, we may still pay your overdrafts for other types of transactions, including checks.
- If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
These fees will be charged if Suntide Credit Union pays your overdraft:
Under our standard overdraft practices:
To request overdraft coverage for your ATM withdrawals and everyday debit card transactions, or to request information, please:
- We will charge a fee of $25 if we return an item due to insufficient funds (NSF).
- There is no limit on the total daily fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
- We will not charge a fee for transfers from another share account with us.
- You are required to restore a positive balance within thirty (30) days.
- Contact us at 361-241-7100 or 800-434-8149
- Complete the form below and click Submit